The purpose of this charter (hereinafter the “Charter”) is to define the conditions under which Havas Edition may need to (I) collect and process the personal data of Users of the HAVAS EDITION website (hereinafter the “Users”) and (II) install cookies to know how the HAVAS EDITION website (hereinafter the “Site”) is used.
This Charter and the Site Legal Notices form the general terms and conditions of use of the Site (hereinafter the “General Terms and Conditions of Use”) to which Users are subject when they browse the Site. Access to and use of the Site involves the unreserved acceptance by the User of the provisions stipulated in this Charter and in the Legal Notices.
1. Personal data
1.1 Which personal information may be collected on the Site?
A simple visit to the Site does not result in the collection of Users’ data and personal information. Users’ personal data may be collected when the User sends an email to HAVAS EDITION. HAVAS EDITION reserves the right to register the content of the email exchanges containing the User’s email address and the content of his message.
Furthermore, by accessing the Site, HAVAS EDITION may need to collect information relating to the User’s computer, including when they are available his IP address, the web browser used or his operating system, for the purpose of optimising his browsing experience. These data will remain anonymous and do not enable the User to be directly identified.
1.2 Use of the personal data by HAVAS EDITION
HAVAS EDITION uses the data in relation to the Site to (I) manage Users’ browsing within the Site (concerns only the information relating to the User’s computer) (II) respond in the best way to the request made within the email that the User has sent us (III) in the event that the User has expressly authorised it, HAVAS EDITION can use the personal data stated in the email, for the purposes of sending it marketing information on HAVAS EDITION’s products or services that may be of interest to him. Each User may at any time refuse to receive the marketing information of HAVAS EDITION by contacting HAVAS EDITION at the following email address email@example.com.
Pursuant to the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, amended by the Act of 6 August 2004, the User has a right to access, rectify and remove his personal data. The User can exercise this right by contacting HAVAS EDITION at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org, or by email to the head office address of HAVAS EDITION, 29/30 Quai de Dion Bouton – 92800 PUTEAUX.
In certain cases, HAVAS EDITION may be restricted by the law or regulations or by a court decision from an administrative or legal authority to disclose Users’ personal data. In no case can HAVAS EDITION’s liability be incurred to this end.
1.3 Storage of personal data
Users’ personal data and information that HAVAS EDITION collects are stored in France and will not be transferred outside France.
A cookie is a small text file stored on the hard drive of the site visitor. This text file enables various pieces of information to be stored concerning this visitor in order to be able to reuse the information during the next visit of the visitor to this same site.
Certain cookies enable the internet user to be authenticated or the information from his session to be stored, for example the content of his basket or the videos that he has already viewed.
Cookies enable us to:
• Collect the last page visited by the User before entering or just after entering the Site;
• Collect the date, time and length of the visit;
• Collect the pages viewed;
• Automatically authenticate the User’s connection without having to enter his connection identifiers on each visit;
• Identify the system information (language, country, operating system, browser, etc.).
Two types of cookies are likely to be used on the Site:
– Cookies specific to HAVAS EDITION;
– Third party cookies, which are all the cookies used by companies outside of HAVAS EDITION.
– called analytics enabling it, by identifying your web browser, to calculate the number of visits to the Site and to know which part of the Site is the most visited, and this in order to enable HAVAS EDITION to improve its Site and the services provided to Users and clients;
– enabling it to recognise Users and to identify them as unique visitors in order to adapt certain content of the Site to their preferences.
– called session cookies enabling the User to store the information that he has previously registered without him needing to be identified on each visit. The session cookies enable us to record statistics that allow HAVAS EDITION to understand how the Site is used and to improve its structure and operation.
On certain pages of the Site, third parties can also insert their own cookies (this is the case for example when the User clicks on the button “share” intended for social networks or clicks on a video hosted on another website). HAVAS EDITION does not have access to the content of these cookies and to the data that are collected.
HAVAS EDITION cookies do not collect personal information. In no way does HAVAS EDITION know and therefore collect through cookies the first names, last names, postal addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers of Users, and in general HAVAS EDITION does not know any information enabling it to identify Users personally. The information collected by cookies remains anonymous and in no case enables us to identify Users.
The data collected by cookies are stored in an encrypted format and are only readable by our tools, which ensures that this information is totally secure. Furthermore, the data stored in the cookie can only be used for a period of ninety (90) days.
The anonymous information collected can, in certain cases, be done so to carry out statistical analyses. These data are then registered on secure servers and are automatically deleted after a maximum storage period of thirteen (13) months.
2.2 How do I disable cookies?
If the User does not want the cookies to be installed on his device, “click here”.
To opt out you can also change the settings on your web browser:
• Google Chrome: Settings > Advanced options > Content settings > Cookies / Cookies and other data > Click on Remove all to delete the cookies.
• Firefox: Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies > Show cookies > Remove cookies
• Opera: Tools > Preferences > “Advanced” tab > “Cookies” > Click on “Manage cookies” > Delete Cookies one by one
• Internet explorer: Tools > Internet options > Delete cookies
• Safari: Open Safari > Click on Safari > Click on Reset Safari > Tick the box Empty the cache > Tick the box Remove all cookies > Click on the Reset button, bottom right.
Attention! Opting out is registered on a cookie, the removal of all of the cookies via the User’s web browser will result in the automatic deletion of his opt-out via the tools that HAVAS EDITION provides to Users. Users must then opt out once again from the HAVAS EDITION services.
Equally, cookies are stored on Users’ browsers, therefore if Users use another browser or another computer they must renew their opt-out.
HAVAS EDITION has a suitable level of security in place that complies with industry standards (firewalls, data encryption, etc.) and this in order to protect the information entrusted to HAVAS EDITION both during sending and receiving information. However, the transfer of information via the internet is not totally secure. Although HAVAS EDITION does its utmost to protect the information sent, it cannot ensure the security of the data during the transfer on the Site. All information sent by Users is at their risk. Once the information is received, HAVAS EDITION introduces the appropriate security measures to prevent any unauthorised access.
With the provisions of this Charter being likely to change regularly, HAVAS EDITION recommends Users reads this Charter on each visit to the Site. Any change made by HAVAS EDITION to this Charter will be put online on the Site and be viewable online.